Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2007, 12:20 PM   #1
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Default Slayer/Mastodon

Im in so much pain.

Mastodon played 50 minutes, and did pretty much every song i wanted to hear (no Mother Puncher or March Of The Fire Ants though...) They opened with Wolf Is Loose and closed with Blood and Thunder. Played best bits of Blood Mountain and Leviathan with token Remission and Call Of The Mastodon songs thrown in. Tom Araya from Slayer came onstage and did the Josh Homme vocal bit on Colony Of Birchmen. That being said, the vocals were the only real letdown in their set.

That complaint aside, they were tighter than a cats arsehole. The sound was impeccable, and in most places it sounded pretty close to the album in terms of tone. Every little intricacy was thrown in and they had wicked stage presence. Brann had to play on the ground cause the drum raiser was full of Dave Lombardo drumkit.

Slayer were... loud. and fast. and sharp. The sound at the start was pretty shitty but the sound guy pulled it together eventually and by the time they started dragging up new songs they were sounding pretty decent. I dont really know that much Slayer in-depth, but it was easy to get into. The solos were wanktacular and the drumming was sweet too. The whole place exploded when they played Raining Blood. And rightfully so. They played something of Diabola En Musica and then Angel Of Death for an encore.

Best double bill i've ever seen. Fucking wild. i learned a new definition of

Old 04-12-2007, 12:31 PM   #2
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

holy shit man, i wanted to be there! damn that sounds good. Mastodon opened for Turbonegro here in our city's local stage ( ) and that wasn't too fitting if you ask me. I interviewed Brent and they were in shock and awe that they could open for Turbonegro, while I said it should be the other way around.

Old 04-12-2007, 12:40 PM   #3
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

yeah, they all bowed when Araya got onstage with them.

Old 04-12-2007, 03:24 PM   #4
MusicMan4

they should play every song from remission

Old 04-13-2007, 08:03 PM   #5
Kanan Road
Apocalyptic Poster

turbojugend