View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 10:21 AM   #22
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Future Boy View Post
yeah, once they see how much money can be raised and its effectiveness I'm sure they will really fight hard.

thi thinking that we must use the superpacs to eventually kill the superpacs is a weak argument. just say to protect the court we need obama, thats really the only argument left. I mean you said it yourself legislation has no hope of passing soon, theres no guarantee he will get to appoint someone else, and even less chance it would be a conservative, so why even bring that up as a possibility. It's here to stay for now, duh, but Id hope people like you and sctty (who I consider an informed voter) wouldn't be so quick to just willingly accept it, and could at least see what dems embracing them could likely lead to.
You're really not grasping the fact that the only way this changes is through the Supreme Court. It appears as though you really don't get how this works. If legislation is passed, it will be struck down. I'm not sure what dots you're having trouble connecting here. "Dems embracing it" doesn't lead to anything. at all. The political climate surrounding it is somewhat relevant but not really important and doesn't have any effect on the one course of action that would actually overrule it.

Last edited by Eulogy : 02-25-2012 at 11:12 AM.