View Single Post
Old 06-04-2021, 03:18 AM   #41
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

figured i'd drop in all of the thoughts and memories i have related to Eulogy -- not intended as any sort of eulogy, just unvarnished memories. the dude kept it real, seems better this way

i always liked the Ænima album, and liked the song Eulogy plenty already, but paid it extra attention because of Eulogy's username. felt like it deserved more deliberate listening since he chose it. i'm glad for that, ripping song

a lot of my memories of him involve discussions of bands and music, since i never engaged in any of the politics discussions. at some point i remember him saying he liked Rilo Kiley. also Deftones. fucking Deftones!! i remember talking about that a bit with him more recently

he joined here really young, maybe it was highschool, but possibly it was middle school

i remember when he was a teenager and he posted about his first gay experience. he was pretty open and matter of fact about it, and i remember being caught off guard, because previously he had been posting about a girl he hung out with a lot but wasn't sure if she liked him (or something like that, it's been a long time). it was in the woods after school.

i remember when he went off to college. Notre Dame if i remember correctly, and he was pretty pumped about that. i remember he posted some pics where he had some beers and his face was pretty red haha

when i learned he was going to be a lawyer, i thought that made perfect sense. the endless debates with Trostskilicious stand out in memory most. i mostly tuned out for those to be honest, but it was undeniably a big part of the energy here. he seemed to always have a firm point of view, and he was never shy about advocating for it.

i remember when Eulogy and Caine Walker became a couple and they were never obnoxious about it. so that's pretty rad. reflecting on it now, he also seemed more relaxed/calm/happy/peaceful/stable/less angry, etc. because of it

it struck me as odd that Eulogy seemed to get along in real life with KrazeeStacee, who i considered a nemesis.

i loved the hockey threads, with Ol Couch Ass cheering on his Bolts, Duovamp and Eulogy cheering on the Pens, and me representing my Bruins. so few people i know in my real life give a crap about hockey so it always feels comforting to me interacting with others who really love it too.

i always thought of him as a chicago guy, but i never thought to ask how come the Pens were his team... did he grow up in pennsylvania? oddly, and unrelated to this, i've sometimes thought about what it'd be like to die withought your favorite team ever winning the Cup, so it's nice to know he saw them win it three times. not sure if he was alive during the Lemieux ones, but if so he was probably an infant, so those don't count for this

just wanted to share my memories of the man. never would have imagined him being the sort of guy to pass early. if we're being honest, there are some of us for whom such news might be less of a surprise... but i always just assumed he had a great, long life ahead of him. just shocking. we basically got the chance to see him grow up here.

tehb0lly!!1 said it well Caine, we're thinking of you. my intention with all this by the way, is just to share what i remember of him with you, in the event that it brings you a little comfort or positive feelings. i remember a very cold, lonely feeling, wishing i could just discuss and talk about someone i loved after they had died, just to reminisce and help remember them and feel closer to them, and there was never really any place for it and it was even lonelier than it should have been. sharing the life you two did, i don't imagine that specific dynamic will be a such an issue, but even so, just wanted to share my memories here with you