Thread: FUCK.THIS.SHIT.
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2007, 02:26 AM   #7
sickbadthing
Out fart the hottie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickbadthing
A man sees what he wants to see, And disregards the rest.
Paul Simon

All lies and jests, still a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.
Paul Simon

An artistic bent is innate. Then there are those who work on their technique, because good art has a lot to do with technique. And that can be learned.
Paul Simon

Anybody can do bad work, but not everybody does good work.
Paul Simon

Artie is a singer, and I'm a writer and player and a singer. We didn't work together on a creative level and prepare the songs. I did that.
Paul Simon

Artie travels all the time. The rehearsals were just miserable. Artie and I fought all the time. He didn't want to do the show with my band; he just wanted me on acoustic guitar.
Paul Simon

As I got older, I got better-looking. Which is the reverse of what happens to most people. I lost weight. I worked on my hair so it would look better.
Paul Simon

As long as you have capital punishment there is no guarantee that innocent people won't be put to death.
Paul Simon

Being an artist doesn't mean that you're a good artist. That was the bargain I first made with myself: I'd say, I'm an artist, but I'm not really very good.
Paul Simon

Between the ages of 15 and 22, I had made only one very minor hit, so I expected everything to be a flop. I was utterly amazed that The Sound of Silence was a big hit.
Paul Simon

Both of us had a significant amount of studio time prior to our Columbia recording days. I did a lot of demos.
Paul Simon

By the time I was 12 or 13, I felt that I was special, because I could play the guitar and write songs.
Paul Simon

Central Park was done because there was an overwhelming demand. People seemed to like those songs, which I found surprising, because I felt they were dated.
Paul Simon

Columbia Records was reluctant to stop our patterns of work because they were successful.
Paul Simon

During the psychedelic days, records faded in and out; things became other things.
Paul Simon

Everybody wanted to have two guys who had their differences and split up and then came back together and resolved them and lived happily ever after.
Paul Simon

Facts can be turned into art if one is artful enough.
Paul Simon

Faith is an island in the setting sun, But proof is the bottom line for everyone.
Paul Simon

Having a track record to live up to and the history of successes had become a hindrance. It becomes harder to break out of what people expect you to do.
Paul Simon

How much can you do with two voices? You can sing thirds or you can sing fifths or you can do a background harmony.
Paul Simon

I always get very calm with baseball.
Paul Simon

I always looked for partnership because I probably felt I couldn't do it myself. I would have been afraid or embarrassed. So I looked to work with a bunch of people.
Paul Simon

I didn't get how big it was until I went home, turned on the television and saw it on all the news, and later that night on the front pages of all the newspapers. Then I got it.
Paul Simon

I don't believe what the papers are saying They're just out to capture my dime, Exaggerating this, exaggerating that.
Paul Simon

I don't consider myself to be a major talent, so the only solace I can take is to hope I'm growing.
Paul Simon

I don't feel any pressure from fans. But I'm always in some kind of state of emotional turmoil. I would not describe myself as happy-go-lucky. That's not to say that I'm not happy.
Paul Simon

I don't like fashion. It's very heartless.
Paul Simon

I don't think that Simon and Garfunkel as a live act compares to Simon and Garfunkel as a studio act.
Paul Simon

I don't very often think I've done a good job. I don't like the majority of what I do. I shouldn't say I don't like it, but I'm not satisfied with almost everything that I do.
Paul Simon

I feel I should try to reveal. When you hit it right, you produce an emotional response in the listener that can be cathartic. When you're wrong, you're soppy, sentimental.
Paul Simon

I lived in an attached house. My father used to drive into the wrong driveway all the time. He'd say, Damn it, how do you tell one of these houses from another?
Paul Simon

I question what emotion Manilow touches. People are entertained by him. But are they emotionally moved? I don't believe anything that Barry Manilow sings.
Paul Simon

I rate each album as better than the last one. That's how I see it.
Paul Simon

I stopped smoking dope. It made things worse. I didn't smoke another joint for 11 years.
Paul Simon

I suppose an artist takes the elements of his life and rearranges them and then has them perceived by others as though they were the elements of their lives.
Paul Simon

I think Bridge Over Troubled Water was a very good song. Artie sang it beautifully. The Boxer was a really nice record. But I don't think I've written any great songs.
Paul Simon

I think I have a superior brain and an inferior stature, if you really want to get brutal about it.
Paul Simon

I try to open up my heart as much as I can and keep a real keen eye out that I don't get sentimental. I think we're all afraid to reveal our hearts. It's not at all in fashion.
Paul Simon

I was eating in a Chinese restaurant downtown. There was a dish called Mother and Child Reunion. It's chicken and eggs. And I said, I gotta use that one.
Paul Simon

I would be willing to do almost anything to make Art happy. I care about our friendship. The only thing I won't do is change the essence of my work.
Paul Simon

I'm more interested in what I discover than what I invent.
Paul Simon

I'm not in it for the money. I like music. I love to write music. I can't imagine myself not playing or singing or writing. It would just drive me crazy if I didn't.
Paul Simon

If it were a drug and I could buy it, I'd spend all my money on it.
Paul Simon

If you can get humor and seriousness at the same time, you've created a special little thing, and that's what I'm looking for, because if you get pompous, you lose everything.
Paul Simon

Improvisation is too good to leave to chance.
Paul Simon

It takes me a certain amount of time to write. I'm not very prolific.
Paul Simon

It was hard and boring to travel so much. But when we did go out, we went to places we wanted to play, Paris or London.
Paul Simon

It's a big error to think that because you like somebody's work, you're going to like him.
Paul Simon

It's pointless to be critical of your stuff once it's done. I don't spend a lot of time agonising over it. It's of no importance once it's finished.
Paul Simon

Listen to the sound of silence.
Paul Simon

Mrs. Robinson is a little dated now, but it has nothing to do with Joe DiMaggio.
Paul Simon

Music is forever; music should grow and mature with you, following you right on up until you die.
Paul Simon

My life so common it disappears and sometimes even music cannot substitute for tears.
Paul Simon

My voice is my improvisational instrument, the melody instrument. The guitar is harmonic structure. I'm not a good enough guitarist to improvise on it.
Paul Simon

My whole artistic life has always been about change, change, change, move on, move on. It's the only thing I find interesting.
Paul Simon

Not every song I write is ecstasy. And it can happen only one time. After that, when you sing the same melody and words, it's pleasure, but you don't get wiped out.
Paul Simon

One of the things that upset me was some of the criticism leveled at Simon and Garfunkel. I always took exception to it, but actually I agree with a lot of it.
Paul Simon

People often called us perfectionists, but we were not looking for perfection. We were looking for some kind of magic in the music.
Paul Simon

Someone told me it's all happening at the zoo.
Paul Simon

Sometimes you fit the words right to the track. You play with the feel of the track.
Paul Simon

The bigger you get, the more of a strain it is, because you're less used to compromising. But in a partnership you have to compromise. You're not the boss.
Paul Simon

The moment of euphoria is when you have the breakthrough and you say it, and then begin to shape and deal with what I've created.
Paul Simon

The reason I'd been blocked was that I felt what I did was of absolutely no importance.
Paul Simon

The record company stay out of my way. Whenever the record is finished, they take it.
Paul Simon

The thought that life could be better is woven indelibly into our hearts and our brains.
Paul Simon

The words of the prophets are written on the subway walls and tenements halls and whispered in the sounds of silence.
Paul Simon

There must be 50 ways to leave your lover.
Paul Simon

There's something about the sound of a train that's very romantic and nostalgic and hopeful.
Paul Simon

Those English songs tend to sound like they have a connection. A lot of these songs are written in the past, and I proceeded to write more about alienation.
Paul Simon

To get the stuff out of you, especially if what you're dealing with is yourself, requires you to open up and touch tender spots. You have to be anesthetized a little bit.
Paul Simon

Two things come to mind that are euphoric for me. One is the universal euphoric: sex. The other is when I create something that moves me.
Paul Simon

We got on American Bandstand, where kids would dance to a record and then rate it. We called ourselves Tom and Jerry. I was Jerry.
Paul Simon

We had just finished working on this television special, which really wiped us out. We were very tired.
Paul Simon

We had many more points of agreement than we had points of difference, but we did differ, and the bigger we got, the more insistent we got that each one of us should have his way.
Paul Simon

We just did what we'd done when we were an act in the '60s. But I found it impossible to hold a dialogue with 500,000 people. In a certain sense, it was numbing.
Paul Simon

We knew each other for so long that we were able to talk in a virtual shorthand. And our senses of humour were the same.
Paul Simon

We were always able to sing and blend well together; that's our gift. But aside from that, we're really two different guys.
Paul Simon

We'd been singing since we were 13, so we really knew each other's voice. And we didn't have too many problems in compromising.
Paul Simon

We've survived by believing our life is going to get better.
Paul Simon

When I began making my own albums, the songs became funkier. They were more about the streets.
Paul Simon

When I left CBS, it became company policy there to make life as difficult as possible for me. It ended only when I threatened to subpoena people.
Paul Simon

When I was 15, I made a solo record. It made Artie very unhappy. He looked upon it as something of a betrayal.
Paul Simon

When we came into the studio I became more and more me, making the tracks and choosing the musicians, partly because a great deal of the time during Bridge, Artie wasn't there.
Paul Simon

Who am I to blow against the wind?
Paul Simon

Why am I so soft in the middle when the rest of my life is so hard?
Paul Simon

Without Arthur's voice, I never would have enjoyed that success.
Paul Simon

You start with an impulse and go to what your ear likes.
Paul Simon

You want to be a writer, don't know how or when? Find a quiet place, use a humble pen.
Paul Simon
All I request is this tea called Throat Coat. It's probably the best singer's tea you can have. I'm pretty low maintenance.
Justin Timberlake

As far as the press is concerned, they're going to say what they want to say. Probably about 10-15 percent of the time It's accurate.
Justin Timberlake

As time goes by people will see who I am for who I am.
Justin Timberlake

Every relationship I've been in, I've overwhelmed the girl. They just can't handle all the love.
Justin Timberlake

Every time you do a project, you learn something new.
Justin Timberlake

Gossip is called gossip because it's not always the truth.
Justin Timberlake

I actually play better on the longer courses we have in this event, like the Classic Club. I can usually get off a pretty good drive.
Justin Timberlake

I believe people can move things with their minds.
Justin Timberlake

I choose to tour with Christina because I thought it would be innovative.
Justin Timberlake

I didn't put out this album because I wanted everybody to know I was grown up. I'm 21 and that's not grown up.
Justin Timberlake

I don't know what I would be doing if I wasn't doing this. I probably would have got in a little bit of trouble as a kid if I wasn't doing this.
Justin Timberlake

I don't look for my horoscope, but if I'm flipping through a magazine I'll read it for fun.
Justin Timberlake

I don't think American Idol has anything to do with records. I don't think it's determining what kids are listening to.
Justin Timberlake

I don't want to cash in on the fact that I got to work with the hottest producers.
Justin Timberlake

I feel very fortunate to be compared to somebody so incredible. Michael Jackson's an icon.
Justin Timberlake

I get some ideas from talking to the fans, hearing what they like or didn't like in an album and now movies.
Justin Timberlake

I get to learn from the mistakes I've made and not do them the next time.
Justin Timberlake

I get way more nervous playing golf in front of 500 people than being on stage in front of 20,000 people.
Justin Timberlake

I have 20,000 girlfriends, all around the world.
Justin Timberlake

I have a little anxiety about doing this on my own, a little bit of a broken heart.
Justin Timberlake

I have really great, great parents, and they were very supportive of me.
Justin Timberlake

I just wanted to make a record for myself. I've wanted to do this literally ever since I was a young lad.
Justin Timberlake

I know what it takes to put on a good show for the fans.
Justin Timberlake

I like simple things. I like to sneak in the theatre and watch movies. I'm a movie buff.
Justin Timberlake

I like Thanksgiving meals. The dressing and the turkey.
Justin Timberlake

I like to play golf. I like to shoot hoops.
Justin Timberlake

I met Kelly Clarkson the other day. I hope something incredible comes out of it for these kids, but I think there's something satanic about that show.
Justin Timberlake

I needed freedom to really express myself. That's really what Justified is about.
Justin Timberlake

I never took formal dance training. It's something I picked up from going to clubs and watching MTV.
Justin Timberlake

I pick my nose and I'm not ashamed to admit it. If there's a bogey then just pick it, man.
Justin Timberlake

I really didn't try to make an effort to make urban music, but I am a product of my inspirations.
Justin Timberlake

I sang in church growing up. Memphis is the blues capital of the world, we like to say.
Justin Timberlake

I used to think I actually was Batman.
Justin Timberlake

I will always come with something that's aesthetically pleasing.
Justin Timberlake

I would never do anything just for spite.
Justin Timberlake

I'm a perfectionist. I can't help it, I get really upset with myself if I fail in the least.
Justin Timberlake

I'm completely removed from any hype that comes my way.
Justin Timberlake

I'm just the same as anybody sitting in this room.
Justin Timberlake

I'm not gonna change my life because of somebody else's interpretation of it, because they don't really know me.
Justin Timberlake

I'm not in this for the money because if I was, I would have jumped out after our first album.
Justin Timberlake

I'm not trying to sound pretentious, but we did sell 12 million records on the first album, so we did get paid a little bit.
Justin Timberlake

I'm pretty quiet when I'm offstage, especially on a show day. On days off I like to be outside. I'll probably go play golf.
Justin Timberlake

I'm very thankful to be doing what I'm doing. I feel very blessed.
Justin Timberlake

I've never had a Tarot card reading before but I got my palm read.
Justin Timberlake

If I did any movies I'd have to take a break from singing, because I'd want it to be really good.
Justin Timberlake

If I saw somebody I thought was attractive, I'd just tell 'em.
Justin Timberlake

If there were something that I was going to endorse, it would probably be something like sneakers.
Justin Timberlake

If you asked me what pop is right now. I'd say hip hop.
Justin Timberlake

If you put out 150 percent, then you can always expect 100 percent back. That's what I was always told as a kid, and It's worked for me so far!
Justin Timberlake

In the past five years I've become so much more open to rock music.
Justin Timberlake

It doesn't matter what you say. They're going to cut the things that you say. I felt like they kind of made me look like a cocky bastard.
Justin Timberlake

It was actually easier when people knew that me and Britney were together.
Justin Timberlake

It's an awesome feeling to have that kind of creative control, to feel like you can blossom as an adult, an artist, and a person.
Justin Timberlake

It's sad that we only use 10 percent of our brains. I think some people can tap into another part of their brain.
Justin Timberlake

It's so easy to feel like you're just a machine when you're in venues every day.
Justin Timberlake

Just writing and being in the studio was like therapy for me.
Justin Timberlake

Music is an experience, and people should experience it on their own.
Justin Timberlake

My biggest challenge was to make sure that the songs I did were who I am.
Justin Timberlake

My career decisions have nothing to do with my personal life.
Justin Timberlake

My favorite moments in the show are when I stand by myself and sing.
Justin Timberlake

My teenage years were exactly what they were supposed to be. Everybody has their own path. It's laid out for you. It's just up to you to walk it.
Justin Timberlake

Out on the course, you want to hit the ball well so badly, but there are so many things you don't have control over.
Justin Timberlake

Senorita was fun to sing, but I don't really have a favorite. When you write a bunch of songs, they're like your babies. You don't pick favorites.
Justin Timberlake

Sometimes you just want your life to be your life, not everybody else's to speculate on.
Justin Timberlake

Teen pop will never die as long as there are teens and popular music. It just takes a different head.
Justin Timberlake

That's the beauty of where music has gone: There are so many different flavors to pick from.
Justin Timberlake

The best part about being alone is that you really don't have to answer to anybody. You do what you want.
Justin Timberlake

The best part about being with a group is that you don't have to do everything alone. You're with your friends.
Justin Timberlake

The biggest aspect of Christina is that voice. That's what got her there.
Justin Timberlake

The fans have been great to me. I don't think it's asking too much to have me sign something for them.
Justin Timberlake

The many sounds of Memphis shaped my early musical career and continue to be an inspiration to this day.
Justin Timberlake

The mind is more powerful than anything in the world. If we were able to use our full minds, we would probably destroy ourselves and the world.
Justin Timberlake

The most boring thing in the world? Silence.
Justin Timberlake

The only thing I wasn't prepared for was being everywhere all at the same time.
Justin Timberlake

The people who watch movies don't really pay attention. The Matrix Reloaded and Revolutions was written as one.
Justin Timberlake

The way I grew up, I was always taught that it's uncouth to talk about money, and that's not what should inspire you.
Justin Timberlake

The worst thing about being famous is the invasion of your privacy.
Justin Timberlake

There's nothing wrong with shooting for the stars.
Justin Timberlake

This isn't about the money. This is just for me. I love music.
Justin Timberlake

We'd start working on the music and then the melody would take me where the lyrics needed to go.
Justin Timberlake

We've been in that situation where you're just so happy to be doing what you love to do that you get taken advantage of.
Justin Timberlake

When I'm in the studio, there are no boundaries.
Justin Timberlake

When you look in the mirror, you say to yourself you want to kick ass, but I didn't expect it to go this well.
Justin Timberlake

You can say things a million times, but if you can't sing it, then it really isn't much of a song.
Justin Timberlake

You have a lot of time on these tours. As Alice Cooper said, you can either drink all day or golf.
Justin Timberlake

You have to make sure the lyrics fit in with the melody the right way, so you can get your message across.
Justin Timberlake

You shouldn't pick on old people, man.
Justin Timberlake

Young people like what they like. Some kids like Good Charlotte. Some kids like my stuff. Some kids like all of it.
Justin Timberlake