View Single Post
Old 11-01-2022, 12:03 PM   #4094
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
i'm attracted to this ugly goth girl at [this place where i go] but because of appropriate workplace behavior we're never going to be able to hook up
In general, it is bad form to ask out people who are on the job. Them being paid to be nice to you mean you put them in an awkward position if they have to reject you.

But I have gone out with women that I met at their workplaces. It's just, you have to be vibing enough to be super certain that they are signaling interest and aren't just being professionally nice.

So, often, we just kinda apply it as a blanket rule that "you NEVER do this" to err on the side of caution because most of us dudes (me included, those few dates were exceptional circumstances) are fucking stupid and can't read body language.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
Nowhere fast lol
G h o s t e d

But hey i know where he works if I ever get mad about it.
Even though I should be used to it not because it's just a fact about modern dating, I still feel indignant about ghosting. I will never just take them in stride.

I mean, obviously I don't confront/try to contact the ghoster or do anything psycho. I just stew about it instead of being one of those healthy folks who are all "I don't care or take it personally, c'est la vie, it says more about them than it does about me, I dodged a bullet 🦋🌈." Like, fuck that, Imma pout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
slunken/joey goldberg is so being so dirty and rude to you right now. you don't deserve that mess
Wait… do you think Goldberg is slunken's alt? I mean, it could be that you're saying "they are both doing X" instead of "one and the same person who goes by two names is doing X," but the fact that you sed "is" instead of "are" makes it seem like the latter.

Like… they are clearly different entities. They don't even post the same.

And I'm not just saying this because I am both of them, as well as five or six other user on this board, and I'm trying to gaslight you. I would never do that.