View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 01:53 AM   #230
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
of course there's no free will as in you have some kind of choice outside of what has been input into you, however i think detailed stuff like what i eat for dinner may be so irrelevantly miniscule to the universe that regardless of what i eat (presuming I don't say, stay in the house instead of go out like nature intended), it doesn't matter to the cosmic equation. so in that way, there may be some soft determinism b/c the details just don't matter that much.

am i explaining myself well? you're not important enough for your every movement to matter to the universe. whether you eat pb & j or grilled cheese is none of the universe's concern, and any difference it makes in 'reality' is within the confidence interval/standard error margin, i.e. it's not statistically significant
that makes sense and of course we don't really know because these kinds of questions exist in the misty grey beyond where the lines between scientific knowledge and philosophy are unclear, but as far as I know, nothing has ever been observed behaving in a non-deterministic manner above the sub-atomic level. Human judgements on what seems significant or statistically nominal probably do not apply to the cause and effect universe. We are so small already that what you eat for dinner and what you do with your entire life are virtually at the same level on a universal scale. probably nothing happens by accident. every moving particle and wave of light in the history of the universe was determined at First Cause