View Single Post
Old 04-02-2021, 08:52 AM   #213
bright_doom
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
I thought for a while I could get away with not having a social life if I was able to do work I really enjoyed that I could help people through. But that has not happened and I don't know if it would have worked anyway.
I legit asked my one friend recently how people make friends, lol. And he said the same thing my therapist did: You have to put in effort and do new things. Have to be willing to be uncomfortable and to look dumb. Which all seems true but I wish there was some other way.
I can hosestly say that alot of my favourite memories of my life have been when I've been by myself, doing my own thing. So I've never really placed that much value on having an active social life, which was kind of reaffirmed to me in my early-mid twenties whenever I did step out of my comfort zone socially, and 9 times out of 10 it would be what I would consider a negative experience and I should have just stayed home instead.

I guess the problem is you keep yourself to yourself for so long that you have no one/nowhere else to vent to exept an old 90's board about the squish squash