Thread: the mp3 debate
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2008, 02:08 PM   #30
Pretzel Logic
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ??? View Post
are we ever going to wean ourselves off digital piracy and illegal filesharing and go back to buying records like we used to. we all take advantage of mp3, but it is ultimately commercially degenerate and its also seriously eroding the standards by which we listen to music. so what can we do about it. mp3 is useful for sampling new and obscure music but filesharing entire releases seems virtually impossible to combat. i don't think it can stay this way forever though, something has to change.
I agree. I constantly argue with people against mp3. Let's face it. mp3 is the future of music and so are digital music stores. People are so indifferent that they accept 128 kbps audio and pay 99 cents a song for it. Digital music devalues physical music. No more album artwork, no more liner notes, no more case. Just a file on your computer and a low quality one at that. I can see people illegally downloading as a way to stick it to the digital music industry, but just illegally downloading because you can is not right. Everyone should just start buying CDs again.