View Single Post
Old 01-18-2022, 07:15 AM   #13
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

I've met Billy and James, and Jeff briefly

James was on tour for his second solo album and played a very small venue in London. He stopped the concert to talk and asked the crowd where we traveled from. Most of the people were from England. Someone said they traveled from Japan, and he was very impressed. My friend points to me and shouts "he came from Brazil". "Where!?" "Brazil!". "Oh sure I'll believe that". When the concert was over some people just decided to follow him backstage which made him come out to talk to everybody. We queued up as well. I got my Brazilian passport out "told you I was coming from Brazil" and he was like "wow". I was actually coming from Ireland tho lol. My friend goes by "Pumpkin", so when he asked our names it was funnily awkward. He was cool.

I've met Billy twice, once in London and once in Dublin. He didn't stop to talk to us in London as he had played 2 concerts that same day and was playing a concert in Paris the following morning. He says "sorry guys, I can't stop to talk today". Marilyn Manson was there and that same friend was with me, and pregnant. She asked him to be the baby's godfather and he said "you couldn't afford me" or something like that.

The second time I talked to Billy was after his concert in Dublin (cottilions). We waited outside. Doug came out to "brief" us first. He says Billy would come out to talk to was, that we could take pictures of him but he would not sign anything or take any pictures with anybody. When he came he was pretty cool. Answered a lot of questions and talked to everybody.