View Single Post
Old 06-10-2022, 03:44 PM   #3486
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

i have a dentist appt on monday and i am pumped! love those whirring drills and fluoride treatments. got an eye exam scheduled the same afternoon, too. ah yeah.

last time i saw a tooth person was right before the pandemic when i got my molars removed. that was not fun. i could hear crunch crunch crunch in my head even with local anesthesia--didn't hurt but the noise was gross. i canceled my mid-march follow-up and never went back.

also v excite to get to attend a workshop (typically $990) for free in july. it's cool nerdy data stuff about improving equity in collection, evaluation, and analysis, etc. all i did was write someone an email saying i was unsure my job would foot that bill, but explained why i wanted to participate, and asked if there were discounts available...got a response saying i was selected to take it for free.

that's the second time in recent memory i've done a little extra legwork and got a big payoff--last time was getting a $7k grant by going to a meeting, asking the right person the right question, and getting sent to someone at school who could actually help. my white counselor himself was useless and offered no options when i was having concerns about paying my tuition.

everything coming up Lolo

\o/

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 06-10-2022 at 04:07 PM.