Thread: TV thread
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2023, 11:35 PM   #822
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
Ah fuck, thank you, I kept wondering if she was based on a real person and probably never would have actually remembered to look it up. And yeah, any show dropping Maslany is gonna be running at an automatic deficit, for real. There'd have to be a damned good reason to bring her back, I think, but I'm gonna miss Sister Alice a lot.
the new season is based on True stories as well.

https://collider.com/perry-mason-sea...crime-scandal/

Quote:
A self-made California oil baron might bring to mind Daniel Plainview, from Paul Thomas Anderson's There Will Be Blood. That movie was loosely based on Upton Sinclair's novel Oil!, which was loosely inspired by the life of Edward Doheny. Doheny, like Plainview, started with nothing. The son of Irish immigrants, he came west from Wisconsin to prospect for gold and silver. He had some success, played capitalist games, made connections, and in the 1890s found himself situated in Los Angeles, where, as the story goes, he was inspired to enter the oil business when he saw the tar being shipped from the La Brea pits.
The show then goes on in Ep 2 to mimic the story of the Doheny Mansion murders....