View Single Post
Old 04-02-2023, 01:45 PM   #24
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

The Nazis were... kind of Christian. Hitler personally was not very interested in the occultic and religious aspects of the ideology, that was Himmler's thing, but it's probably more accurate to say a lot of Nazis were raised Catholic and carried Catholicism culturally IMO. The Nazi ideology was wholistic and attempted to revise the entire history of humanity, Earth, and the universe, right? The Christian elements are not something I would call a major defining characteristic of a group of people who believed the universe and all its creatures were made of ice as a creation story

key quote: "It's a bit odd that someone who didn't believe in Christianity would believe that the Holy Grail held some sort of power regardless, but it probably had something to do with [Himmler] being raised in a Roman Catholic household."

Guy then goes on to talk about Himmler's literal belief in and quest for Thor's Hammer, an artifact of ancient Aryan technology. So. There's a lot going on there. It's hard for me to see that as Christian in any kind of straightforward way

Last edited by redbreegull : 04-02-2023 at 01:56 PM.