View Single Post
Old 03-30-2020, 08:57 PM   #175
Disco King
Minion of Satan

A little bit irritated right now.

Was just cleaning my room when my mom asks me to drop off some things at my sister's apartment. Didn't really want to because it just snowed and my mom has only got worn-down all-season tires instead of proper winter tires, meaning that the only way I can drive her vehicle safely in these conditions is by driving so slowly that I'm probably an obstruction to traffic. I already have driving anxiety because I'm just a plain shitty driver, but whatever, I can't really say "no," because she'd get cross and it'd probably be a big deal. And I need to give my sister her late gift anyway, so may as well hit two birds with one stone.

I call my sister to ask her if she'll be home. She says yes. So I go and tell her I'm on my way.

I get to her apartment and text her to let her know I'm outside. No response. After waiting ten minutes, I call. No response. I wait another five minutes and call again. No response. I buzz her door (which is just as good as calling, because it goes straight to her phone). No response. All together, I wait 20 minutes before deciding to leave. My mom's car doesn't have enough gas for the trip back home, so I fill it up before heading home.

I get home and my mom calls my sister. Her boyfriend picks up. I guess she didn't hear her phone ring because she was in the bathroom.

I mean, if you're already expecting somebody over, you're probably actually watching your phone in the first place, but whatever. Who expects somebody over and thinks nothing of it when they don't hear from them for over an hour? Doesn't even check their phone to see if they called, let alone contact that person themselves? She apologized, so I can't really harp on it or say anything other than "that's okay." I just hope my mom doesn't send me back over there to make the delivery, because I don't want to have to make another trip. This is my day off. I just wanted to spend it working on shit I have to do.