View Single Post
Old 02-11-2022, 12:23 AM   #143
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster

I get it. You dont like radiohead. Me too.

But obviously they are still relevant.

From reddit:

Okay, one last question. You made a lot of waves last week with your quote about Radiohead. Would you like to clarify what you meant when you said, “I’ll piss on fuckin’ Radiohead, because of all this pomposity. This value system that says Jonny Greenwood is more valuable than Ritchie Blackmore”?

It’s not Radiohead that’s pompous; in fact, I think Radiohead is a great band. It’s the pomposity that surrounds Radiohead in a culture that needs to celebrate them to reaffirm their own value system. Like, “Isn’t it cool that Thom Yorke just rolls out of bed, puts on his hat, and doesn’t care?” That’s people reflecting their own values back to themselves. That’s the pomposity. That’s what I said in that quote. The culture that needs to place me behind P.J. Harvey on guitar. And I love P.J. Harvey, and I have complete admiration for her, but, c’mon, me behind P.J. Harvey on guitar? I mean, c’mon, that’s a fucking asshole, in a beard, in New York, who has to put me there to make some sort of statement.

https://www.reddit.com/r/radiohead/c...out_radiohead/