View Single Post
Old 03-13-2008, 04:06 PM   #10
i_adore_adore
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
And SD > Adore
NUH-UUUUUUUUH!

Quote:
i agree that adore>gish, but still cant concede siamese dream to gish. I see what you mean about the rawness of the album, and as they are very different maybe comparison isnt fair, but from the moment cherub rock starts i am in rock nirvana.

comments of MCIS obviously true
It is really hard to say which SP albums are "better" than which, because they really are all very different. It all comes down to personal taste.

My friends make fun of me and ask me all the time, "Are the Pumpkins the only band you listen to?" (they're not, for the record...) But really, they've been so stylistically diverse that I feel like I can put a Pumpkins album on no matter what mood I'm in. I can't say that about a lot of bands. There are definitely days that I'd rather listen to SD than Gish, but overall I find myself enjoying Gish more.

Quote:
and hate to say it but today is probably my favourite SP song.
Now see, I've never really been crazy about Today. It was one of the first songs I heard by the Pumpkins (I downloaded a bunch of random tunes when I first got into them), and even before I knew it was "uncool" to love "Today," I didn't really like it. I didn't DISLIKE it, but it never did much for me.

different strokes for different folks.