View Single Post
Old 05-26-2023, 07:03 PM   #4590
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Even though intellectually, I know that life doesn't end at some arbitrary age and that worthwhile experiences happen at every age and that people generally get more financially and emotionally secure after their early adulthood, I still can't get myself to actually feel that way about life. It feels like I'm not looking forward to anything and missed out on a lot of those fun, carefree youthful experiences.

Intellectually, I know there is no age cutoff for backpacking across Europe and Asia for months without a plan, but it still feels like well duh I'm not going to have some magical quirky wanton adventure when I'm 42. I'm going to be complaining about property taxes and parental leave work policies with my three friends that I go to the neighbourhood sports bar with on Thursday evenings.
i'm definitely coping with 'i am a normal boring person and that's all i'll ever be and shit i'm not even doing normal and boring right' as i'm about to turn 27 in august

the stability and lack of .... care about fitting in is quite pleasant; but the feeling of lost hope / opportunity sometimes hits like a freight train