View Single Post
Old 08-31-2022, 06:49 PM   #38
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
You seem to have a problem with the notion of presumption of innocence, which makes it kinda hard playing by the same rules here.
That's not really your deal, though. If someone accused me of murdering someone, I hope your position would be "that doesn't sound like my buddy Topleybird, but I'll see how this goes." If six people accused me of murdering someone, I hope your position would be "hmm, this doesn't look good for ol' Tops." Instead your position is "those six people are definitely lying." The fact that we're talking about sexual misconduct/rape accusations toward these celebrities, and that women are routinely dismissed by police, college school boards, the public, etc. when they come forward, makes this even shittier on your part.

I mean, I am not on a jury in the trial of Ryan Adams. I don't have to presume he's innocent. I can take the fact that seven women accused him of something, and the fact that he issued a blanket apology, and draw what seems like a pretty fuckin' clear conclusion. If you're relying entirely on the court of law: Why didn't he sue his accusers for slander and clear all this up? Why didn't he sue the NYT for libel, like he initially said he would? His career is ruined. Why isn't he doing anything about it?