View Single Post
Old 12-19-2019, 12:20 AM   #16
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
I've been riding the sad train a lot lately, too.

Work is okay, my girlfriend of four years is awesome, as always. I'm paying my bills just fine. I just have this overwhelming feeling of sadness and pointlessness. Can't quite settle into a groove. Been drinking more to stave off boredom. All the shit that used to work for me, make me feel good, etc. seems to have dried up in the last year or two.

I think a big part of it is that I need someone or something to take care of. Losing my dog was an unexpectedly heavy blow. I knew it would hurt, but didn't realize how deep and profound it was going to hit me.
Things are good for me generally. Work is going alright, get to work from home which is awesome. I don't make a lot, but more than I ever have, and enough to live in a good area and not need roommates.

But I still have barely any relationships and I have a lot of dissociative symptoms that I am starting to doubt will ever go away. I mean I used to doubt it, but I had some hope at least, because I believe my therapist when she says she's seen people get better with bad derealization. But honestly it's just not better.

Someone posted this on Reddit and it's a really good visual for what it can be like