View Single Post
Old 06-21-2022, 10:01 AM   #5926
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
Steven Spielberg sucks veiny donkey cocks and I hate that his name has become synonymous with genius and timeless cinema
I will never recover from him making Ready Player One (never watched it and never will, to be clear), but the man is and has always been at the top of his craft, and I am baffled by this recent "actually Spielberg has always sucked" contrarian balderdash I've seen online. It's like saying The Beatles or Shakespeare sucked.

BABY IRON MAN: NO WAY HOME: I always felt bad for Andrew Garfield, who I believed when he said playing Spidey was his childhood dream, for getting two middling-to-bad movies, so I was happy he was gonna have another chance at it. And then I saw this and he has 30 seconds to say "Yeah I went dark and started killing criminals" and then the rest of his time is 100% empty banter. They bother to explain, several times, why all these characters are getting pulled into the MCU and then they directly contradict it at least twice. And why are all the villains pulled in at the moment of their death, no matter how long ago it was? Are they going to die instantly when they return? Where's Maguire's Aunt May? Guessing no one asked her but I think I read that no one reached out to Kirstin Dunst, either? And were these three movies an origin story for the actual down-on-his-luck, street-level Peter? Are you seriously fucking kidding me right now? C-