View Single Post
Old 08-16-2021, 09:21 PM   #1
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!
Thumbs up The Killers - Pressure Machine

this album came out this week and i really enjoy it.

it's their second album in about a year, imploding the mirage came out in 2020.

I liked imploding the mirage pretty well, the first song was amazing, and there were several others that were very good. but you could feel the absence of the guitarist.

(wonderful wonderful was in 2017 and that one didn't really do it for me, though the song tyson vs. douglas is beautiful and really evocative of that specific moment in time)

anyway, back to pressure machine, i really think it is beautiful. it's a change of pace, it doesn't really have the bombastic, classic killers thing with synths and huge choruses, etc.

thematically it is about small town life. most of the songs are short stories. the normal version of the album has snippets of recordings of people talking about small town life before each song. first 5 times through the album or so, i felt they enhanced feeling of the album/theme, but this listen through i'm going with the abridged version (basically same thing except no conversational snippets).

i can see how people might not like this album as much as others, it definitely is more subdued than their typical sound, but i love the change of pace, and i think it's a really articulate, affecting picture of what it can be like in a small town. really love it.

who here's listened to it? what do you think?