View Single Post
Old 01-19-2022, 02:39 PM   #46
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryLoren View Post
I worked at the Cain’s Ballroom in Tulsa and got to meet James while he was with the band Tinted Windows back in 2009. It was basically like talking to a wall, absolutely no emotion. Later on, after the show there was catering from a local barbecue place called Billy Sims. He didn’t seem to enjoy the food.

Not a band member and I have mentioned this in greater detail on here before, but I met Linda Strawberry back in 2007 at a flophouse in LA.

I camped out in front of the Palladium Ballroom in Dallas on the Shamrocks tour and Billy and Jeff drove up in a covered golf car and Billy looked at the girl I was with, looked at me and had the most disgusted look on his face. That night at the show he literally spit on me.

Also, I grew up with the Hanson's and I actually played Taylor Hanson Pisces Iscariot on cassette in my grandmothers car when we were kids.
You're like this Forrest Gump character in the SP world; having all these stories, intersections with the band, and knowledge. But not the good years of the band; just the period from 2007 to 2013ish when absolutely nobody cared about Billy Corgan and the media didn't even consider him an important enough figure to report his transphobia.