View Single Post
Old 03-19-2023, 12:23 AM   #97
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
Isn't the format of the podcast supposed to be, essentially, "play a new song, talk with a guest, play a classic song and talk about it"? Is he even doing that last part any more? I don't think I've seen anyone post some interesting new fact we learned about an old song — there's just zip in terms of cool stories, on any of them?
It is still that, yeah - but the part where they get to the old song (the part that was really initially exciting to me about this whole project) seems to be getting less and less time. And there's less info about the song where it doesn't devolve back into the subject that was discussed during the talk with a guest segment... which no longer involves guests. It seems like they have given up on the guest host thing with the only explanation being at one point on one episode that it's too had to coordinate schedules.

I haven't heard any new tidbits on old songs lately that gets my gills moving... which is still really the reason why I keep coming back to the podcast since this 1 song a week thing is NOT helping my love of Atum.