View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 09:31 AM   #25
Deadeyes
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfinityNow
Whoops, I meant compare that video to the Tarantula video - my mistake. ...They are similar, in sound and style.

ps. ...and in my book, PRR have the potential to reach every "watt of sound" or greatness that SP have, even though they've only formed in 2005 and only had 1 record. I'm not trying to sell their shit or anything, but I was just immediately impressed by this band that totally came out of left field one day as I was browsing the used records at my local shop. I keep worrying that no one will hear of them and soon their record company will stop supporting them or something... They don't exactly have a catchy name though, or remotely easy to understand lyrics, or allegiances/relationships with any other big name bands - they're kinda like the Mars Volta to that extent. If people didn't hear about them by word of mouth then I wouldn't have "Meccamputechture", their third album, today.
Doesn't remind me of Tarantula much at all to be honest. I guess the video has the same emulate psychedelic qualities but thats it really. The vocal approach in the chorus I guess is the only thing which is similar, Tarantula sounds a lot more rawer than this song. Maybe if I heard more of this band I could gauge what musical spectrum they are on but I don't think they are much like SP at all. They sound like a toned down My Vitriol in a way, without the guitar effects. Perhaps a little Fleetwood Macish with the vocals.

Still, sounds interesting and I will probably look more into them.

Last edited by Deadeyes : 07-29-2007 at 09:40 AM.