View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 05:54 PM   #443
jimmy drevpile
Apocalyptic Poster

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
Huh. These are actually... I like these? I like these. ... Huh.
And he doesn't sound like he's tripping over himself with the recent word salad style either. Nice.

I'm sure there will be a few where he does that though...

I love what they are trying to do with the whole narrative arc over 33 songs. Whether or not they succeed, i don't know - but I absolutely love that they are trying to do this.

There's stuff in these new tracks that hit the spot. Some stuff niggles, of course. But overall, I feel really lucky to be enjoying.

I understand it might not float everyone's boat, but some of the criticism / cynicism around some aspects of this from some here is baffling.

Honestly, if you are not hearing stuff in these 5 or 6 tracks or so that you dig, I just don't even know what you liked about them before, because, for me at least, the core components of what I used to find enjoyable about these guys seems present and correct, to greater and lesser degrees across each track.

I would, like anyone, like to have my socks completely knocked off and i'm absolutely not there yet... But we can live in hope. At least for another few months!