View Single Post
Old 05-25-2018, 12:29 PM   #232
Disco King
Minion of Satan

OMG I just learned that they are remastering the ORIGINAL SPYRO THE DRAGON TRILOGY.

Seeing as the original games were Sony, I immediately thought "ah, another PS4 exclusive I won't get to play." But then I read more. This shit's gonna be cross-platform, baby.

I've only played the second game, but it remains one of my favourite games of all time. I think remastering it makes sense. I feel like as this particular genre of gaming isn't in vogue anymore, any new entries into the series would have limited success. But people will be happy to relive their nostalgia and play the exact same game, now made available on a console they don't have to hunt down at a flea market.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonzie View Post
Assassins creed origins, and Icewind dale on the iPad.
I downloaded and played a bit of Assassin's Creed II, the only Assassin's Creed game I've played so far.

When the fuck does it actually get good? Everything so far has been boring fetch quests. It feels like one of those interchangeable free-roam games. Have an open world, a bunch of people you can talk to who will tell you to run errands, and some goons to fight in between. Doesn't help that the controls are dogshit. Are the later entries any better? Do I just have to play further into II before it gets good?

Also, since I really dig the Arkham games and Splinter Cell games, I've decided to try my hand at more stealth games. Downloaded a couple Hitman games, as well as Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain.

I've heard Hitman: Blood Money is supposed to be good, but… I've only played the first level so far, and it's linear as shit (then again, it is the first level). The controls are kinda awkward (way too context-sensitive, and button mappings that don't match convention). And the graphics… I know this is a last-gen game, but it looks like an original Xbox game. Seriously, the old Splinter Cells have better graphics than this 360 game.

The Phantom Pain, I'm liking it, but just finding it way too hard (even died multiple times on the tutorial level). I'm only on the second mission, but I'm wondering if the game has got any gameplay pillars other than the stealth/infiltration stuff. It can't just be roaming around to a different outpost and sneaking in to get the objective, can it? There's gotta be other shit they have you do.

Also, I tried to read up on the story behind the Metal Gear franchise, and what the fuck? Why is everyone named "Snake?" And the guy I'm playing in this one is the bad guy in the first one? And what's with that one game that seems to have totally different characters and be a totally different genre that spawned that unfunny /v/ "nanobots, son" meme? How is that in any way related to the rest of this shit? I swear, every single character changes their name several times, some have multiple names, and many of them have the same name. And then there are clones and body doubles and shit. This is probably how normies feel when I try to explain superhero comics to them.