View Single Post
Old 05-08-2014, 06:07 PM   #137
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
I dont think having the exact same taste in pop culture is necessary at all. I think having the same approach is good but its not a dealbreaker if she thinks swans or shoegaze is crap.

It would be incompatible if she had exceptionally bad taste, and im talking about someone who watches ALL romcoms and NOTHING else. Talkin bout how good failure to launch is. I HAVE met a woman like this

This girl I dated for like 6 months, she watched French canadian shows that are the equivalent of like big brother. Well except worse really cause its more about finding a "mate". Anyway they're all extremely vapid people of course so naturally the only thing a sane human being can do watching these is to make some ironic comments about them and how fucking pathetic they are, and she got mad at me for "being so negative" (I mean I am negative but you HAVE to be about something like this). That's when I knew we were likely doomed. Looking back she's the worst person I've ever dated and that's saying a lot.

she thought she was very cultivated and once I don't know why Andy Warhol came up and she had no fucking idea who he was or what pop art was. I mean I don't give a shit about ether really but you're 27 you've been to college, you consider yourself "cultivated" and you have no vague fucking idea who Andy Warhol even is? fuck sake... I'd have felt different if she saw herself as a moron but she kinda looked down on me for not having been to college. Whaddabitch.

Yes, I feel better just having talked about it.