View Single Post
Old 02-13-2008, 12:57 AM   #18
sickbadthing
Out fart the hottie!

givenup

Posted 12-01-2007 05:56 PM
It took me several years but
I recently ended the relationship with my bp husband. I tolerated a lot of abuse for many many years because I really thought I could help him. Just last year I found out he was bp which explains alot of his behavioral patterns. Because I was with him so long I realized that there was a cycle he was on and I could tell you the months out of the year he was manic and the ones where he was severely depressed. After receiving a diagnosis from pcm he went to psychiatrist once and didn't want to follow up with any of her suggestions or be tested although he displayed all the symptoms. I had to end the relationship because it really was awful. When I first ended it he was harassing me and then threatening me. Over the last few days I haven't heard from him. Does that mean that he finally accepts that things are over? I'm planning on getting a divorce when he is not manic, which if my memory serves me right should be around January or February. Why do some people with bp choose to abuse people they claim to love rather than go to therapy and take meds? How is it that people with this condition can shift back and forth between wonderful to being awful in a matter of months. Why is it when you tell them that you are fed up with the abuse and that you never want to hear from them again that they cry and act like they can't understand why you feel the way you do?

Posts: 36 | Registered: 11-28-2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
isitmyfault?

Posted 12-07-2007 09:22 AM Hide Post
Because they can't understand it. Not they don't want to or don't care, but because they can't.

It seems like you don't have kids.

stick to your guns, but if you want to do this, don't put it off. There are always reasons to delay. don't let him dictate to you. You be in charge of your life.

God Bless.

Posts: 5 | Registered: 12-04-2007 Reply With QuoteEdit or Delete MessageReport This Post
Ignored post by isitmyfault? posted 12-07-2007 09:22 AM Show Post
DR

Posted 12-07-2007 09:50 AM Hide Post
That, and also, they are master manipulators. I have read that all the time you are thinking of them, they are thinking of them also. They seem to have little concern or regard for others feelings, only for their own. So, when you have finally had enough and throw them out, they aren't thinking about what they did to cause it, they are thinking about how they can get back to their comfortable situation with someone to take care of them and so on. That's my feeling anyway having been married to a BP for 15 years. I have been separated for two years, he does the same thing. If he has a girlfriend, everything's OK. If he doesn't he is crying, wanting to get back with me, but hasn't once asked what he can do to change things so that I would want to get back with him.

DR

Posts: 48 | Location: Texas | Registered: 07-25-2007 Reply With Quote