View Single Post
Old 06-07-2022, 12:33 PM   #560
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
one doctor I saw said my IBS was caused by anxiety, and if i managed my anxiety then it would help with my IBS

MOTHER FUCKER, my anxiety is caused by IBS, amongst a squillion different other things, almost all of which i am in no position to manage, including, apparently, my IBS

but yeah sure treating anxiety is much easier than treating IBS that hasn't killed me yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
one doctor I saw said my IBS was caused by anxiety, and if i managed my anxiety then it would help with my IBS

MOTHER FUCKER, my anxiety is caused by IBS, amongst a squillion different other things, almost all of which i am in no position to manage, including, apparently, my IBS

but yeah sure treating anxiety is much easier than treating IBS that hasn't killed me yet
I had bad IBS for a long time and as a kid I got the same response from doctors. They do have medicine for it and when I saw a doc as an adult I got some. I had IBS-D so I took hyoscyamine. Not sure what they'd do for people with mixed type or IBS-C, but it did help a lot. I also had an ulcer. Which they found when they did a colonoscopy/endoscopy, which they should absolutely be doing for you. They cannot rule out IBDs without doing those and those are generally progressive and can actually be serious without treatment. It is PROBABLY not one of those but I can't believe they wouldn't scope you to rule them out.

Mine definitely was anxiety-related and I still have it a bit, but just because it's caused by something else and won't kill you doesn't mean you can't treat the terrible symptoms. Maybe they just treat it more seriously in the states? When I've had recurrences they've even scoped me again to make sure it was still just IBS.