View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 01:38 PM   #18
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDogGlynis View Post
I don't think the other 3 were on drugs for SD or MCIS for either recording or touring. Billy said during that time that he tried the whole rockstar thing with the long hair and drugs with Gish and he didn't really think it worked for him, so he sobered up, got a haircut and changed his outlook. I believe him on this too. Richard Patrick said during his time with D'arcy that she was very serious and professional, and while she obviously sunk into drug abuse soon after, that element was not present in her life at the time. With all of those shows, how tight they played during that time, I have a hard time believing there was much if any substance abuse going besides a beer after a show or something. Just think, after a double album, while on a world tour, they went back into the studio to finish TAFH. Hard to do all of that there's any type of real drug use going on. Conversely, you can see why Jimmy's demons finally caught up with him when they did.
I agree that they probably weren't regularly using hard drugs but... lol at no drug use at all.

And we know Jimmy was an addict during the whole thing and he's probably the most responsible for the "tight" playing, so idk how you can say they couldn't have pulled it off on drugs. The shows were just fine. They obviously practiced enough. It was just a few occasions outside of the actual playing where he fucked up enough for him to bite him. They were touring for a while before they did. If he hadn't found some strong ass heroin, they would have kept going.