View Single Post
Old 11-15-2010, 12:57 PM   #19
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morlock View Post
In comparison to Billy's posts, just take a look at the sheer negativity you get from Stephen Malkmus:

hello jicks people, as you know 2010 was dedicated to pavement.....what can i say--it was an unbelievable year. so many places so many great moments. so great to hang with my original indie gangsters. It will take months to come to grips with it. Thanks to all of you all who came out to see us--it felt like we never left!!! I wanna thank the crew (MVP Dan MAPP) and boche billions--but most of all my family who supported me as i messed around with guitar tunings and hotel internet for nearly a year.

The message board here has morphed and become a pretty personal place -- . awesome--its yours, I hope you stick around for digital eternity. 0ur future wise--we started recording with beck hansen in the late winter, and plan on getting back into it before the year is over... I dont know when the record will come out or what it will sound like. It is in a protools state of non reality right now. THis is kinda boring to read...........The record will be , uh, Amazing!

oh MIke Clark is touring with Corrine Tucker (sleater-TUff) this fall so check that out if you get a chance.

Pavement wrap up
Loudest fans--Atlanta, Bologna
Best Shows (IMHO LOL <3)--Tokyo 2, Osaka, First Two Central Parks, toronto, PHilly, Brooklyn, Spain, Brisbane, Kc, Chicago (Gehry), Last Brixton, Melbourne 1, Bologna, Denmark, Greek Berkeley.

"good", could have been more electric (imho LOL )--tokyo festival, glasgow, third london, baltimore, pitchfork, matador, atp,

Setlist writer for whole tour, sports bro--BOb nastanovich
Person who makes fun stuff happen offstage, person to look at if you are bummed on stage--Mark Ibold
Oz nightlife expert, master of the tremolo pedal--Scott Kannberg
Steadiest and best attitude, most improved, fellow deep breeder--Steve West
Best side stage fan--whitty whit whit

time to look forward

perfect jicks forever,d

sm

I'm not real a Pavement/Malkmus fan but that post makes me want to be one. Wow appreciation for your fans what a novel concept.