View Single Post
Old 04-21-2022, 10:42 PM   #5676
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2pee View Post
Smart is available online for free with meetings almost all day long. It is not 12 steps, and nobody is going to tell you the program is infallible or the ultimate, in fact the program itself says if it doesn’t work for fucks sake go find something that does

Sadly smart does not get near as much press as the 12 step bullshit
my issue with smart was that the meetings were really sparsely attended. AA is so old and well known such that there's always meetings happening, which is nice if you're feeling bad and need some sort of connection. smart itself is much more practical and less creepy religion shame confess your secrets to a stranger which is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
AA is annoying because it's a religious white person program but what's super annoying is it pretends not to be to get all kinds of people into the cult

oh and also that it doesn't work, that's pretty annoying. same success rate as spontaneous remission.
it takes a really specific type of old white god fearing boomer for it to work. and if you get brain poisoned enough by them you're an evangelist for them. it's fucked

naltrexone is a miracle drug. at 80something days and it's never been easier now that i'm taking it consistently and trying to intentionally put to bed the romanticism of drinking

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
Just to provide some context

That word means "high" more as in "your highness". Not like "Bro that dude is more fucked up than 93 Jimbo going blind on coke in Atlanta after being fired from SP"

On the other hand, the same word also reads the same as Rum, so perhaps you are onto something here.
life is a bummer

when you are rummer

yeah as i understand it's basically hindu zeus