View Single Post
Old 01-17-2022, 06:14 PM   #10
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceboy88 View Post
I've met Billy, Jimmy and James on multiple occasions. I used to work in the music biz and had a handful of opportunities to work closely with the band.

Billy was always hot or cold...sometimes he was nice and engaging, but more often than not he was a curmudgeon. Even when he's "nice" it's short-lived. Definitely proves the old adage correct about "never meet your idols."

Jimmy has always been cool as fuck. Makes you feel like you're the center of his attention when talking to you. Never had really in-depth convos with him but once asked him a random gear question and he lit up. Guy truly loves the craft of drumming and it shows.

James was always different person when he was around the band or solo. I'd run into him many times in NYC dive bars and he was much more loose and relaxed. Also during tour for his second solo record he would actively come into the crowd and mingle after his set and was a true pleasure to be around.

Never met D'arcy...started working in the biz after she was booted. I did get to spend some time with Paz, Matt and David with Zwan, and Paz was a sweetheart, Matt was a pompous prick and David seemed cut from the same cloth as James. The few interactions I had with Matt were always post-Zwan show and knowing how him and Billy feel about each other now, I kinda give him a pass.
How did Matt act like a pompous prick?