View Single Post
Old 11-22-2017, 12:05 AM   #172
Disco King
Minion of Satan

There was also the girl I guess I'll call "Ellen," because when I first talked to her when I complimented her hair (I've got a thing for pixie cuts), and she said that people say she looks like Ellen DeGeneres.

I dunno, we got coffee and talked for a long time, and I really liked her company, but again, I didn't feel that "click." She seems really interested, though, and I have scheduled another date for next week. Right now, I'm feeling I like her as a friend.

Something I liked about her is how long and wordy her texts are. It somehow feels disarming for somebody's texts to be just as overwrought and pretentious as mine, like I don't have to worry about my weird writing style. One of her first texts mentioned within it how she enjoys "sitting on a sun soaked couch with a cup of tea or enjoying a pint or two after a long day of studying."

I also had tea with a professor whom I had as a TA for a couple of sociology classes in the past, before she got her Ph.D. I noticed that she would always smile at me in class, and one day, I saw her in the food court, and struck up a conversation. We stood there for, like, twenty minutes talking, and I eventually cut it off because I didn't want the food she was holding to get cold before she ate it. I actually got her number because I intended to set her up with a friend, but that friend actually starting dating the first lady I set him up with, so no further set-ups were necessary.

She's pretty cool. Has a beautiful accent, a mix of Eastern European, where she was born, and the UK, where she did her masters.

I didn't really consider this one a "date," because what would a grown-ass Ph.D want to do with a grocery-store undergrad who lives with his mom? While we were parting to catch our separate trains, she gives me this look, compliments my shoes, and tells me "you always look so good." I may be reading too deeply into things, as it isn't uncommon for men to detect interest where there is none. But there was something about her hesitance to leave me right away.

She's teaching at a satellite campus, so her semester ends earlier than mine does. She really wants to hang out again when she's free next month. She's really great, I'm excited to hang out with her.