View Single Post
Old 04-23-2022, 01:49 PM   #5873
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I do feel like something went wrong with the third act. First two acts are a detective movie with Batman trailing a serial killer. Which is pretty surprising that it took them this long to finally do, because plenty of Batman stories are about him solving mysteries and trailing serial killers, and "Se7en but Batman" is the exact kind of film many fans have been asking for for a while now, I think.

But then the third act has to have the standard "city-wide threat" that I guess they all have to have, even though it doesn't even fit the villain's established motives this time. And even though it has a city-destroying threat, the third act just drags and feels a lot longer than when it was a detective movie. The movie hits this point where it feels like it was supposed to end, and then it just… keeps going. I liked it overall, but really think they fumbled the last part.
I agree with all of this. Why do we need a city wide threat? Why can't the conclusion of the case be the finale? It's a Hollywood thing. Need to spend an oversized chunk of the budget on extra CGI and big set pieces cause that's what the masses show up for.