View Single Post
Old 11-16-2021, 06:23 AM   #84
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
Yeah, my job situation is so perfect for moving that I'm definitely not looking for anything new any time soon. When/if I move to Massachusetts next year, I'll be surrounded by universities and min wage is $15. Driving around saw tons of places advertising $18+, and all the little shops have touch-POS systems that assume you'll tip for everything (which I think most people do), so I can imagine baristas and ice cream shops and other services that are rarely tipped here are almost always there. I make more than that now but nice to know if I ever needed it I could actually pay rent with a retail job there and that virtually everyone you're interacting with is making an actual living wage. When I quit part time at Publix at the beginning of the pandemic I was making under $14/hr after like seven years lol. I was hired at $9. I think their minimum is $11 now that FL minimum is $10. They did have different pay scales for FT and PT, but I think max customer service staff pay was something like $17/hr. Which is two promotions up from cashier and involves dealing with tens of thousands of dollars in cash a day, being in charge of the entire customer service/front end department for entire shifts, and handling high stakes/high fraud wire transactions constantly. What a joke.
How come you’re moving to Massachusetts? Finally sick of the heat and humidity??