View Single Post
Old 08-10-2022, 11:19 AM   #291
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by paranoid View Post
you don't think he'd hang on to a grudge that long?
The Alex Jones appearance occurred, per a quick Google search, in June 2012. To my knowledge, he did not make any appearances after that, and has not mentioned Jones since then to my recollection. The Anderson Cooper thing occurred sometime in late 2014; right around the time Monuments to an Elegy was released. I remember those "Fuck You Anderson Cooper" shirts were sold at the small shows they did to celebrate the record release (with Brad and Mark playing).

If Corgan had appeared on Jones in, say, January 2015 or somehow really brought attention back to the fact that he supported Jones, I'd agree it was reactionary to the Cooper incident, but I do not see how Billy appearing on the Alex Jones show was a reaction to something that had not even occurred yet. Like I said, it's entirely possible he appeared on the show again and I just forgot, but I feel like he hasn't really mentioned Jones since.

As someone else said, I doubt Billy even truly likes or cares about Jones. He'll go wherever it gets him even the smallest amount of attention.