View Single Post
Old 03-11-2022, 06:24 PM   #2010
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.

My sister introduced me to this band in the 90s and, in retrospect, I don't have a clue how she became a fan, because I've met exactly one (1) other person in my long travels on this earth who's ever heard of them

Anyway they ruled for two solid albums, a bizarre VHS available only through their fan club, and a song from the point of view of King Koopa on the Nintendo-sponsored White Knuckle Scorin' compilation album that, for reasons I will never understand, is where that hit Roy Orbison "I Drove All Night" song came from

On this one, the guitarist had just had a huge blowout argument with the singer as they were about to record the song, and he blasted out this solo while just incredibly pissed off, hadn't rehearsed or planned it at all, probably staring daggers at the singer

So the great little bit where the guitar and drums align perfectly for a second was a beautiful accident, and is one of my favorite lil' moments in music