View Single Post
Old 10-29-2021, 09:33 AM   #24
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

my current job had a long interview process

phone call with the recruiter

one hour interview

online job assessment (90 min) consisting of a series of questions (like an intelligence test), then an interactive work simulation which included answering emails and responding/contacting fake coworkers to manage a project.

one hour interview

one hour q&a session with an employee of the company where i could ask questions... this was optional and they allowed me to schedule with someone in the LGBTQ group at the company.

1 hour final interview prep session with the recruiter. This was to help me prep and for final round.

5 hour "loop" interview, which was all on one day, one hour each with 5 different interviewers.

All of that took about 2 months. Prior to this I had made it all the way to the Loop stage for a position with this company, only to find out that the job had been given to someone else. So this most recent time was my second time through the end to end process.

Earlier this year i went through a nearly identical process with another tech company, but didn't get an offer at the end. Each of these instances took about 2 months because of scheduling between each stage.

On top of these instances i interviewed with about 9 other companies this year... but the rest of them only went one or two rounds deep. Some of those ended because they disclosed that the salary and benefits package was too low for me to proceed. Also, when i was given an offer for my current job i was on a 3rd round interview with another company...

At any given time between February and September I was interviewing or scheduling to interview with 2 or more companies. And on top of that working 60 hours at a job i hated. It was exhausting. I wish i could have taken a long vacation at the end.