View Single Post
Old 10-28-2021, 10:59 AM   #6
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Angry

Most behavioral questions are such bullshit. There is no way that asking about an achievement in your personal life is going to tell the interviewer anything about you, other than you know how to play the interview game. Yes, I've prepared 20 extensive answers in STAR format, which indicates I'm perfect for this barista position. Or, what, I'm good at storytelling? That's a crucial skill for a web developer.

I did come away feeling pretty good about the many interviews I did for my current job, particularly the last round, where I talked to three people in a row for half an hour each. I'm certain they deliberately did this to make it as stressful as possible, which is ridiculous because the job involves very little stress. I'd prepared for like three full days before this and had fortunately guessed correctly about most of the questions they ended up asking. But otherwise, no, I've always come out of previous interviews feeling like shit, ultimately successful or not, which I have sometimes suspected was the interviewer's goal for some reason.