View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 05:58 AM   #10
srt4b
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Springbridge View Post
Today I want to address something to all of those people who are so upset about SP2. They are OH so in passionately upset, because "How Dare Billy Corgan change the aesthetics of the music that I once loved so much". How DARE he make His decisions with His own property so it doesn't appeal to You and your very narrow-minded view on how the music is supposed to sound with a specific tone and feel.

What really bothers me the most is just because you're a really strong fan of something, you feel that somehow those people who own it, are making it, and are putting the effort in it, sat around in a room and made all the decisions, are somehow beholden to YOU and maybe the group of 200 or 300 other people who think like you. That is preposterous, arrogant, narcissistic, and downright stupid.

I'm sick of hearing claims that SP2 is doing something that you feel violates the very core of the music that you originally liked, because guess what? You know what made Smashing Pumpkins really cool in the first place? The sincerity, the energy, and the creativity in the music. I don't see that one changing up as much as the sound of the music itself.

You disgruntled SP2 complainers make silly statements, and really all that energy should be put somewhere else. What I do find really distressing is that fact that people are so afraid of Change. Since when did Pumpkins fans become these proto-fascists who need to always evolve back to the "Golden Era; when everything was so God damn perfect, it sounded so perfectly, and it was all simple and that's how life was suppose to be"...

You think that things in SP2 are going in a bad direction, well these things are happening in society today and that's where you should be putting your complaints, because it might actually effect a change that will do something for generations to come.

It's The Smashing Pumpkins everybody.

It's probably going to be Awesome, and if it's not...Go Listen to Something Else.
Let it go man, enjoy what you enjoy and let everyone else be. If they hate the new version of SP it is their right to.

This is still a (somewhat) free country.

Last edited by srt4b : 08-16-2008 at 05:58 AM. Reason: spelling