View Single Post
Old 02-02-2023, 09:21 PM   #96
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post
The inherent problem for me is that, if I don't immediately look up a word when I first encounter it, I'm very quickly gonna forget that the way I'm pronouncing it in my head was just a guess, and then fast-forward to like a year later where I'm confidently and completely wrongly saying "diaspora" in front of a bunch of people
That's valid. But I think if you were going to name an album diaspora and knew you'd be on press tours for said album, you might make sure.

For the record, I don't care about Machina being wrong. Artistic license or whatever I guess. But the more recent ones seem more egregious. Maybe I'm just more critical of them.

There's other applications of this, too. Whenever some "expert" on TV or Youtube or whatever calls it "psycho-pathy" instead of "psychop-athy" when talking about psychopathy, you know they just picked some random psychologist to put on TV. Zero issue with others saying it wrong, it's an easy thing to get wrong. But no experts in psychopathy would get it wrong. (I am not calling myself an expert and am definitely not one, to be clear here)

But I mean that's a lot more effort than "hey i like how Machina reminds you of Machine which I sort of already used imagery for previously, and it also seems artsy, let's go with that." So maybe it's not the best analogy.

Last edited by reprise85 : 02-02-2023 at 09:28 PM.