View Single Post
Old 12-01-2022, 03:22 PM   #133
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoxUpDoc View Post
I mean are we certain Willy didn’t use a ghost writer for MCIS cos I’m listening to ATUM and I’m not seeing the link…
Years ago, I'd say back in 2005, I found an interview with a journalist who claimed he found out Billy ripped off an old, obscure poet. I remember I read a few poems and they were not only similar to his lyrics, but Billy used like full lines and verses, sometimes only changing a few words. He was like "when Billy wrote Mellon Collie, we basically had no internet. He probably came across this old book of poems by a fairly unknown poet and thought nobody would know he was stealing from him. A few years later, the internet happened and we could find just about everything online".

The journalist said he questioned Billy but got no reply. He also said he had no problem with artists using somebody else's work, that it was a common practice etc, but he had a problem with Billy not giving any credits to the artist. I remember he said something like "especially Billy, who likes to take all the credits".

Did I save the interview? Of course not