View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 10:40 PM   #18
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YA5H View Post
Marilyn Manson's lead single off Pale Emperor "seven day binge" has almost 1.5 million views on youtube while "Being Beige" hardly broke 100k. "One and All" is a little better but still has under 300k.
- Seven Day Binge is a song many people will click on more than once - even casual fans or people who aren't MM fans at all. Being Beige & One and All don't have that going for them.
- anyone interested in ordering Pale Emperor or just looking up album details doesn't have to visit a whatsthefuckingname ridiciulous shitfest of website

and has Manson spent the better part of the last three months promoting this album with yet another line-up change and stating:

- his contempt for the remaining people still willing to check out his songs

- losing another part of his remaining fanbase even before the album was out by publicly stating things like "private investigators and cash rewards" and then harassing fans with a bullshate legal firm

- he has to dumb down his songs so his remaining idiotic fanbase might get it

- complaining about his live audience being too old while simultaniously ridiculing kids these days and their attention span

- putting down other bands he acutally shares an audience with , claiming he is the best and only one that's actually good (so once again ridiculing his audience for their shitty taste in case they also listened to PJ or whoever the fuck else he keeps pissing on)

- selling christmas ornaments of his "band" (while having spent years rambling that he'd never go down the sell-out route)
edit: look, how cute

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B50YRsyCEAA2-UG.jpg:large

- reminding everyone that he's gone off the deep end by joing Alex Jones calling a tv face a CIA agent and claiming people are out to get him

has he? I wouldn't know what MM has been up to regarding "promoting" his album with one big media shitfest like Corgan did.

and then you have the people who were willing to give Being Beige and One and All more than one listen. of those some might actually be interested to understand what the fuck "the biggest songwriter of his generation" keeps singing in his song. who then states "sure, I've typed it all out, lyrics are ready, I'm just not gonna release them because these stupid fans always read something into it that's not there."

but most of all, both MM songs you mentioned are simply "catchier" (to use that damn word since I can't think of a better one) than Being Beige and One and All.

Last edited by pavementtune : 12-27-2014 at 10:59 PM.