Thread: :(
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2002, 04:07 AM   #14
Samsa
Banned

Default gnight

On waking in the morning:
I give thanks to you, Ruler of life and everlasting, Who, in mercy, has returned my soul to me. Our trust in You is great.

On Eating (fruit):
Blessed are You, O Lord our God, Ruler of the universe Who creates the fruit of the tree.

On Eating (bread):
Blessed are You, O Lord our God, Ruler of the universe Who brings forth bread from the earth.

On Eating (vegetables):
Blessed are You, O Lord our God, Ruler of the universe Who brings forth fruit from the earth.

On Eating (cakes & cookies):
Blessed are You, O Lord our God, Ruler of the universe Who creates different varieties of sustenance.

On Eating (meat, cheese, and all other foods):
Blessed are You, O Lord our God, Ruler of the universe through Whose word all things were called into being.

On Drinking Wine:
Blessed are You, O Lord our God, Ruler of the universe, Who creates the fruit of the vine.

There are also a variety of thanksgivings to be said upon completion of the meal.

On Hearing Thunder:
Blessed are You, O Lord our God, Ruler of the universe Whose might and power fill the world.

On Seeing Lightning:
Blessed are You, O Lord our God, Ruler of the universe Who does the work of creation.

On Seeing a Rainbow:
Blessed are You, O Lord our God, Ruler of the universe Who remembers the Covenant, is faithful to the Covenant and keeps His word.

On Meeting a Torah Scholar:
Blessed are You, O Lord our God, Ruler of the universe Who has given His wisdom to those who revere Him.

On Hearing Good News:
Blessed are You, O Lord our God, Ruler of the universe Who is good and does good.

The Opening of Sabbath:
Blessed be He and blessed be His name. Blessed are You, O Lord our God, Ruler of the universe, Who has sanctified us with His commandments and commanded us to kindle the light of Sabbath.

At the End of the Day:
Hear O Israel, the Lord our God, the Lord is One. And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your might. And these words which I command you this day shall be on your heart. You shall teach them to your children, and you shall speak of them when you sit at home and when you go out on the road, when you lie down and when you rise up. And you shall bind them as a sign upon your arm and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes and you shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates.