View Single Post
Old 11-05-2013, 12:02 AM   #18
fuzzyroes
Banned

Banana- I gotta agree with you man. There was an excitement in the air, and energy when the band was on tour in 2007. I actually think Zetigeist was a pretty damn good comeback album in a lot of senses. No one knew what the fuck to expect to hear when they heard that the Pumpkins were coming back. Then they just come out and kick ya in the teeth with Tarantula. Tarantula was a pretty bad ass way to re-introduce people to the band. And it was totally them. It wasn't contrived or trying desperately to fit in with the times...(*cough*Oceania*cough*) Zeitgeist while not as good as the lead single had a lot of really solid moments. It was a good come back in my mind and had me re-energized as a fan.

Then with the excitement of the band being back- Ya got to see em on tour! and the 2007 tour was fucking sweet. Like I said- There was energy from the band and excitement in the air.

They should have kept on rolling along but then Billy started being a fool and writing crappy songs on the spot- the day of the show and started performing crappy 30 minute covers... Then once Jimmy had enough of Billys bullshit and strolled off into the sunset it was just Corgan and the whole thing was fucking finished right then and there... Billy could have attempted to salvage some of that energy and hire a top-notch drummer but he decided to firmly hammer the nails into the coffin by hiring Byrne... And here we are 4 years later, entirely uninterested with anything to do with the current band... What a shame.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 11-05-2013 at 12:10 AM.