View Single Post
Old 09-20-2016, 02:18 PM   #5
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dade View Post
my memory is fuzzy on this subject, but i think there may have been a contest of some kind on who could ultimately "figure it out".. but iirc no one actually won or even came close to understanding what it meant (according to BC anyway)

there's this guitar world magazine from 2000 with BC/James on the cover and i remember being around 14 reading this article where BC was saying "any lyrics you hear that seem directly associated with me are just my way of throwing people off the trail"- (paraphrasing)

it annoyed me reading that in the magazine, then hearing later his mentions of "this time" being about the band breaking up, "with every light" about his mother etc.. it's pretty fucking obvious that with all the machina material released that a good majority of it wasn't all just about this stupid fiction story/mystery BC put together in his head.

i never took the time to read all that drivel even though i loved this band during that era.. not even sure if anyone ever got a cliff notes version of what the supposed mystery was..

from what i gather, the album was supposed to be a soundtrack of sorts to a "play".. a love story where the protagonist is named "glass" bla bla bla...

how about this machina chart? anyone remember this or see it's significance?

i feel bad for anyone who honestly bothered to care about the storyline