View Single Post
Old 04-02-2019, 04:26 PM   #473
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I wonder if this partially explains why a lot of infamous antisocial men, such as serial killers and abusers, end up amassing "fan clubs." Many serial killers wind up getting love letters from women while in prison, and there's even been studies that show that many institutionalized antisocial males end up sleeping with female staff. Even when a man is outed as an abuser, a certain segment of society will respond to their behaviour like this.

Of course, I think it's only a particular kind of troubled person who would end up romanticizing people like Chris Brown and Ted Bundy. Maybe people who had insecure upbringings themselves? Maybe they feel like the antisocial man is "misunderstood" and their love can change them into a law-abiding citizen? I'll call it "Harley Quinn syndrome" and publish that theory in the Journal of Shorter Typological Studies. I can't remember for sure, but I think I did read something about borderline women specifically being more likely to be attracted to narcissistic men.