View Single Post
Old 10-08-2018, 03:24 PM   #25
MonumentsRocks
Ownz

One thing I agree with about the interview is that having kids does seem to change people, and musician people. I can think of at least four of my favorite musical artists who went from writing some dark, sorrowful material to writing gentle sweet music about their new kids. The sad part about that is of course their output became a lot more sporadic once they were busy with a family. Buy maybe having two kids will mellow Billy out and he'll be a better team player by the time he hits sixty.

BTW, I didnt know James had kids. I know their private lives are private, but I have questions, how many and with who?

Regarding D'arcy singing, I've heard Daydream and Billy sings it much better https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QnMqHTPBY6E . I can completely understand why her vocal parts might be scrapped, and Im sure we are all richer for it. Regarding her song writing, I feel that if there were real truth to that, D'arcy would have kept on making music after leaving the Pumpkins. Her own musical inactivity over the past twenty years speaks for itself.