View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 03:03 PM   #323
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
you've already been given a lot of reasons ITT. I'll wait for you to actually respond to them before giving you more

you support the violent overthrow of those controlling the means of production and you believe the revolution must be inherently violent and the upper class has to be murdered?
I honestly can’t remember you guys telling me anything good about Biden. It’s all been “but but Trump is worse” while ignoring Biden is actually worse than Trump on some issues (which is a joke considering how right wing Trump is).

I am absolutely not a Marxist-Leninist (the only ML I’ve read about who I remotely liked was Thomas Sankara. I like some things about Che Guevara and Vladimir Lenin but I don’t like how authoritarian or brutal they were, especially in Lenin’s case) which you seem to be implying there. Perhaps you wouldn’t consider me a Marxist but I do strongly believe in “from each according to his ability to each according to his needs” and my political policies are similar to Salvador Allende who was called a Marxist. I do think violent revolutions are absolutely justified at times. Personally I don’t believe in killing, though, but sometimes you have to violently overthrow authoritarian regimes. That’s just reality, unless you’re suggesting Cuba should have let Batista keep slaughtering them.