Thread: TAYLOR SWIFT
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2020, 05:04 PM   #87
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
Made to look stupid is the exact kind of phrasing I’m talking about. You are evasive and vague so you think you can’t be called out for being a dumbass. It’s very transparent!

I have like 67,000 posts on this board. You aren’t hurting me lol.
This is the exact kind of phrasing that goes to show how truly sad and grasping a little person you really are. You actually appear to believe that putting your time in here grants you some kind of leg up in any disagreement and that's a great example of dumb thinking if ever I saw one. An appeal to a high post count? Wow!

I was having a semi-private and off-board conversation with Ram — identifying him by name as the intended recipient of my enquiry — about his clear passion for an artist with whom I am not especially familiar. As explicitly stated, what I asked him was driven by curiosity and it was entirely up to him to answer as he saw fit. He omitted the last lines of my question that read "...or something else" and then "etc." and I wonder if that's because it was unnecessary when nobody (in their right mind) could take the rest any other way. You will have to be quite specific in demonstrating where it is that I have been dismissive in the quote, particularly when I was so careful to ascribe that very attitude only to the hypothetical "casual observer" and gave it no weight in doing so. Further, there was no need on my part to hint at any semblance of a point and I did no such thing, as I was simply asking another person to enlighten me with their own views. Ram appears to regard this one-on-one conversation that he's since reproduced with my consent as having been "super fascinating," I enjoyed his response to it, and I'm not sure how you could possibly justify your own reaction to any of this.

I hope you'll forgive my exceeding your dream word count, but it's a little hard when you start to complain at the only eighty-nine I unwittingly provided for Ram's quote while spontaneously expressing myself in a live chatroom environment. It just feels silly to have to defend any of this and I'm a little taken aback that you're not more embarrassed about it.